Search This Blog

Monday, April 7, 2014

The Forty-Ninth Day: Brighton Pier, Sea Life Center, West Pier

Friday, March 28

Chris's conference was over by this day, so I showed him around all the places I'd explored on my own. First, the Brighton Pier!







Then, we went to the Brighton Sea Life Center. I love aquariums, and probably spent about 45 minutes touching starfish and anemones. And I tried to catch a shrimp, but they were fast. I would have had one, but the guy who worked there came over to "help" and scared it away. Haha. 








Then, we walked along the sea front up to the West Pier, and I maybe made Chris take some photos of me that I'd had in mind since we got here. 






And just past the West Pier, there was this awesome statue. The Peace Statue, depicting an angel of peace holding an olive branch, is a memorial to Edward VII, known as "The Peacemaker." 





This lady was making some cool art. Very tedious and time consuming, but cool all the same. 
In Brighton during the wintertime, the starlings that roost at West Pier fly around in all kinds of interesting murmurations. Check out this google image search to see what I mean.

I definitely wanted to capture this, but alas, this is all they were doing the whole time we were there:

Fail.
We also walked past the Bandstand, which meant another photo op. Ha. Ask Chris's brothers, Graham and Mike. Traveling with me is the worst because I'm stopping to take a photo of every single thing.




Chris took this, mostly as a mockery of the types of selfies I take at work. Whatever, I love these Hunter Wellies. 
By the time we got back to the Brighton Pier, it looked like this! Lovely.


Cheers!
Kami & Chris, the Pseudo-Londoners

1 comment:

  1. You can get married on the Bandstand! A friend of mine did it was lovely - a lovely sunny June day.

    ReplyDelete